The Woodstock Model Railroad Club invites you to come along with as together we build an empire. Stay tuned for progress updates, tips and techniques. All comments are welcome. Email ljbrinker@yahoo.ca

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Tuesday night at the Huff and Puff

Trains were all set up for the nights enjoyment. I was assigned the Lincoln special. As my train left Wellington it all fell apart, I had missed aligning a turnout. The 5 finger crane swiftly moved in and I was on my way again.  As the Special move along the high line, I greeted other operators as they made their switching moves. Lincoln has a few questionable turnouts which seem to cause derailing. With light traffic in the area I took the opportunity to carefully watch as derailments happened. Pushing 2 refers through the diverging track the lead truck would ride up over the guard rail, everything.  Upon inspection it was found that the trucks were a bit tight and after the screws were loosened slightly they moved through the turnout without a problem. There was another derailment for which no problem could be found. Interesting night. Next Tuesday is work night.
Some of the staged freights.

No comments:

Post a Comment