The Woodstock Model Railroad Club invites you to come along with as together we build an empire. Stay tuned for progress updates, tips and techniques. All comments are welcome. Email ljbrinker@yahoo.ca

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Spotlight on Glen McDonald

(Glen McDonald was the first member to step up and give an account of his railroading history) My personal model railroad history goes back to Lionel and other tinplate trains in my youth but no operating layout until I came back to Canada after teaching Canadian military personnel children in West Germany in the mid 1960's. I brought N gauge Arnold Rapido trains back with me and set up a European style layout that satisfied me for a time. My older doctor brother was and continues to be a total train chaser all over North America. My sons and I joined him at times riding Norfolk Southern's original F1 from Lexington, Kentucky to Chattanooga, Tennessee and seeing the original Steamtown in New England and latter in Pennsylvania. We have paid our homage at Horseshoe Curve near Altoona and the list goes on. I started collecting HO locomotives and cars in the mid 80's and now have a temporary basement layout which will not proceed further as I am not a lone wolf and our new Woodstock Model Railroad is the way to go for me.
Glen is shown helping ballast track

No comments:

Post a Comment