The Woodstock Model Railroad Club invites you to come along with as together we build an empire. Stay tuned for progress updates, tips and techniques. All comments are welcome. Email ljbrinker@yahoo.ca

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Spotlight on Larry Brinker

This is the first article introducing our club members and their model railroading journey. Like most, my first train was a Lionel .  I got to use an old farm table that was in an upstairs bedroom, to set up my empire.  Next, I built an interlocking frame of 2 X 2 inch lumber in shop class at school.  Thank goodness it was too large to put together at school as I miscalculated some of the notches.  I never finished that empire.  Then life happened, work that is, so model railroading took a backseat.  One day I saw a Postage Stamp Train set, wow, this will fit in an apartment, won't it?  I moved to a house too soon to finish that one.  Life happened again ( kids) but I did get back to it by building a double decked N scale layout. Then I visited Don's layout one day, he hasn't noticed yet so I just keep going back.  That's where I got the bug for HO, so I now have a back woods, mountain railroad call The Grants Pass Railroad, (you can see it by going to grantspassrailroad.blogspot.com ).  Now we have a railroad club where I get to model railroad with another great bunch. That's me in the red sweatshirt , writing something important (I'm sure) on the bench work .

No comments:

Post a Comment