The Woodstock Model Railroad Club invites you to come along with as together we build an empire. Stay tuned for progress updates, tips and techniques. All comments are welcome. Email ljbrinker@yahoo.ca

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Spotlight on Jim Long

  Autobiography by Jim Long. My interest first came from railroad connections on both sides of the family and grew from there. My grandfather was a steam locomotive mechanic at the CNR roundhouse in Dauphin Manitoba and my father in law was the express agent for the CPR in Ingersoll 60 some years ago. I have been involved with models and modelling for close to 50 years and have had a couple of layouts as time would permit. I currently have one smaller layout that is somewhat complete [no layout is ever exactly the way you want it to be] and another slightly larger set up is in the beginning stages. The large layout gives me the opportunity to meet with others who share a common interest and to learn and be amazed at the diversity of skills and talent we have to draw from.

No comments:

Post a Comment