The Woodstock Model Railroad Club invites you to come along with as together we build an empire. Stay tuned for progress updates, tips and techniques. All comments are welcome. Email ljbrinker@yahoo.ca

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Bill's Garage Project



By Bill,,,
Ralph asked me to go to the Credit Valley hobby shop in Mississauga. Looking around in the shop, I found a garage kit by DPM.  Looking further, I found some gas pumps, so I decided to make a Texaco gas station for the town of Valleyview. First I cut out the big garage doors, assembled the kit and painted it.  A ramp was added to the roof on which I put a 1947 Model A Ford. A 1958 Ford Fairlane and a 1947 Chev pickup (with a Texaco logo) were also added to the scene. Removing the box off a 1956 Ford pickup, I made it into a flatbed.  Various items were added on the flatbed to finish it off.  A 1934 Chev was placed in the doorway.  A man with a beard was painted up and sat on a box (editors note, he looks an awful lot like Bill). Next I put a dog on top of a doghouse. The dog was painted to look like a Dalmation and named Pete (see the name on the doghouse ). The doghouse and the man were placed in front of the garage along with other people I had painted. Grass, trees and some barrels were also added to the area.  Detailing of this project is ongoing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment